- Meet the incredible winner of our latest #LumiaChallenge
- Unveiling a New, Modern Inflight Entertainment Experience for Alaska Airlines, Powered by Windows
- Introducing the all-new ESPN app for Windows Phone
- Rebels wanted! Star Wars Rebels™: Recon Missions available for Windows and Windows Phone
- Mcity: creating a 32-acre, real-world testing facility for automated cars
- Microsoft at RSA conference USA 2015, April 20-24
- Office 365 Developer Podcast: Episode 039 on the API Sandbox
- A collection of phtoos from the #HappySoundsLive launch event on March 20th 2015…
- Madefire for Windows Phone, a comic-book reader for your Lumia
- Attention gamers! Play the most demanding Xbox games no sweat on the Lumia 930….
Five of the best games for Nokia Asha 501
The Nokia Asha 501 provides loads of features for smartphone buyers on a budget, with a list of fantastic games close to the top of the list. Some of these titles stand out more than others, however, so read on for five of the best.
Little Big City
Little Big City has always been an addictive title, and it’s no different on the Nokia Asha 501. Once again you’ll be creating your own miniature city from scratch, looking after everything from the location of roads and buildings, to harvesting food. It’s an all-consuming game that you can easily spend hours playing. We love it. The game itself comes installed as standard on the Asha 501.
Assassin’s Creed III
Assassin’s Creed III is the sort of game many of us grew up playing on games consoles, so it’s amazing to see it make an appearance on a smartphone as compact and affordable as the Nokia Asha 501. As with Real Football, the graphics are great, and you can have a lot of fun progressing and fighting your way through the levels. Both Assassin’s Creed and Real Football come installed as a demo on the Asha 501, complete with the option to download the full game.
It was only a couple of years ago that football games were the preserve of high-end smartphones, due to their detailed graphics and intensive requirements. Things have changed a lot with the Nokia Asha 501 – an affordable handset that provides a brilliant match-day gaming experience. Real Football itself looks fantastic, and it’s also great fun to play.
There’s nothing at all complex about Shoot the Bottle – it’s literally a case of throwing rocks at a bar full of bottles and trying to hit as many as possible – but it’s incredibly addictive. Just swipe your finger on the screen to throw, that’s all there is to it. Shoot the Bottle looks good, and we could easily waste an entire morning just trying to get that little bit further than the previous turn.
The Sims has been an enduring favourite on any gaming platform, and the Sims 2 Pets makes a great addition for your Nokia Asha 501. The graphics are impressive, it’s nice to play the game with animals rather than just people and, as always, spending the time making sure your Sim is as happy as can be is lot of fun.
Article originally published at conversations.nokia.com – full credit should be given to the original author!